# Chess Bot
README for version 2.1.0
Chess Bot is a discord bot that plays chess.
It also has a built-in elo rating system.
[Chess Bot support server](https://discord.gg/Bm4zjtNTD2)
### Basic Mechanics
You can use the command `$challenge` to challenge the bot to a game of chess.
Use `$move` to make a move. Make sure your move is in SAN (Standard Algebraic Notation) or UCI (Universal Chess Interface). Otherwise, the bot will not understand it.
Use `$view` to view your game.
### Chess Bot profiles
You can challenge multiple levels of the bot. Make sure to specify which level you want to play when using the `$challenge` command.
Use the `$profiles` command to see a list of all levels you can challenge, and use `$profile <tag>` to learn more about a specific bot.
Note: the tag of a bot is _not_ the same as it's name. For example, the tag of the bot "Chess Bot level 1" is `cb1`.
Chess Bot uses a custom built engine to determine which moves it plays. (It's not very good though, because I built it, and I'm bad at coding).
To prevent people from abandoning a the game without loss of rating, you will automatically resign if you do not make a move for 3 days.
You will receive a low time warning when you only have 1 day left.
Use `$time` to see how much time you have left.
- challenge: Challenges Chess Bot to a game.
- move [move]: Plays [move] against the computer.
- resign: Resigns the game.
- view: Views your current game.
- time: Sends how much time you have left.
- profiles: Sends a list of which profiles you can challenge.
- fen: Sends current game in [FEN format](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyth%E2%80%93Edwards_Notation).
These commands require special permissions.
- prefix [prefix]: Makes or changes the server's server specific prefix. Must have administrator permission in the server.
- botinfo: Sends basic info and stats about the bot
- ping: Sends "Pong!" and gives latency
- rating: Tells you your rating
- leaderboard: Shows top rated players
- rank: Shows your rank out of all rated players
- help: Sends a message with all of the commands
- theme: Change your board theme
- vote: Gifts you 5 rating points after voting for Chess Bot on top.gg
- stats: Sends your stats.
To get more information about any command, use `$help <command>`